For many centuries, preaching has been an important element in church life. Visitors often rate a local church in terms of its music, friendliness, and preaching. But, in what way does preaching relate... READ MORE
“I feel a deep personal call to participate in the restoration of truth to the church, and Jesus is The Truth. We need to refocus on the centrality of Jesus in theology, Bible interpretation, and Christian life”.
Dr Christopher Peppler
- Hi everyone. I and the TruthisTheWord team will be on a seasonal break until 22nd January, 2019 so we want to wish you a blessed Christmas time. Here is a …Read More
- In this audio post I go through some of the finer points on the article I posted last week which can be found HERE. Do download or subscribe to the …Read More
- For many centuries, preaching has been an important element in church life. Visitors often rate a local church in terms of its music, friendliness, and preaching. But, in what way …Read More
- Hi there! What do you think of the new look of the www.truthistheword.com site? Let me know if you like it 😀 In the meantime, here is the TruthTalk on …Read More
Truth is the Word – The Book
Restoring a Lost Focus – Revised Edition
Truth is The Word is about the source of truth, how it exhibits, and how we are to comprehend it. Subtitled, ‘restoring a lost focus’ it is a contribution to the current efforts of many to refocus the church on the Lord Jesus. Author Dr Christopher Peppler argues that today’s focus on good works, spiritual gifts and signs, social justice and even the Bible itself, have partially replaced the focus on Jesus as head of the Church.
- An understanding of the nature of truth lies under the surface of many current Christian debates.
- Truth will set us free from the philosophies of our age but the neglect of truth will destroy us!
- There is only one person who can give us a satisfactory answer to the question “What is truth?”
- His name is Jesus.
My name is Christopher Peppler and was born in Cape Town, South Africa in 1947. While working in the financial sector I achieved a number of business qualifications from the Institute of Bankers, Damelin Management School, and The University of the Witwatersrand Business School. After over 20 years as a banker, I followed God’s calling and joined the ministry full time.
Since becoming a full-time pastor of what is now a quite considerable church, I have earned an undergraduate theological qualification from the Baptist Theological College of Southern Africa and post-graduate degrees from two United States institutions. I was awarded the Doctor of Theology in Systematic Theology from the University of Zululand in 2000.
Four years before that I established the South African Theological Seminary (SATS), which today is represented in over 70 countries and has more than 2 500 active students enrolled with it. I presently play an active role supervising Masters and Doctoral students.
I am a passionate champion of the Christocentric or Christ-centred Principle, an approach to biblical interpretation and theological construction that emphasises the centrality of Jesus
I have been happily married to Patricia since the age of 20, have two children, Lance and Karen, a daughter-in-law Tracey, and granddaughters Jessica and Kirsten. I have now retired from both church and seminary leadership and devote my time to writing, discipling, and the classical guitar. I have started a site called Classical Guitar SA to serve classical guitar enthusiasts in South Africa.